With default settings, Recorder Plus would store all data in the local storage of your iOS devices(iPhone/iPad) .
Start from Recorder Plus V3, there is a better storage option for users:
Set iCloud as preferred storage.
Users can get these benefits from this option:
1. All data will be uploaded to iCloud automatically. This is very good for your precious recordings safety.
If recordings files are stored in local storage, then recording files may get lost in these situations:
- The app was deleted/uninstalled
- iPhone/iPad was broken/lost
- iPhone/iPad was restored without backup.
We strongly recommend users to turn on the “backup recordings automatically” feature in the app.
But that feature can only backup original recording files.
“Set iCloud as preferred storage” will backup all stuff (Markers, edit operation, edit history, location information) in the app.
2. Access all recordings on other iPhone/iPad with same iCloud account
Install Recorder Plus on your other iPhone/iPad with same iCloud account, then turn on this feature.
The app will sync all recordings to the new iPhone/iPad as if you are still using the old one.
To set iCloud as preferred storage:
Tap the “gear” button on the right-bottom of the screen to show the setting page, then turn on the option as Figure 1-1
To make sure everything was upload, the uploading status should be “uploaded” as in Figure 1-2
If you reinstall/delete the app before the status changed to “uploaded”, then data loss will happen.
Other important things need to know about this option:
- When the storage option is local, then all recordings on iCloud will not be shown
- When the storage option is switched to iCloud, all local recordings will be uploaded to iCloud.
- When network(WiFi or 4G/5G) is not available, edit operations(cut/copy/paste) are not usable, but record is always usable.
- If you are using cellular(4G/5G) network, extra setting is necessary to make this feature works well: (1) In the “Settings” app of iPhone/iPad, tap “Cellular”, then scroll to the bottom of the page, enable cellular network for iCloud Drive. (2) In the “Settings” app, tap “Recorder Plus”, make sure “Cellular Data” is enabled.
- If you are using WiFi network, no extra setting is needed.
- The sync between devices will have seconds delay, if you edit(cut/paste) on device A, you will see the edit happen on the same recording on device B seconds later. If you edit on the same recording on multi devices at the same time, then the app will pick a random version as final result.
- “Backup recordings automatically” with google drive is always strongly recommended. Double guarantee of recordings’ safety is better than single guarantee.
- When a recording is uploaded to iCloud, there is no way to make it a local recording again.